Our NELA-NJ Annual Conference, which is presented in cooperation with NJICLE, will take place on Friday, April 7, 2017, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at the New Jersey Law Center in New Brunswick.
This full-day conference will include panels on:
- Year in Review & Trends in Employment Law
- Emerging LGBT & Transgender Issues in the Workplace
- Social Media at Work & Through the Eyes of the NLRB
- Statutory Waivers Including Jury Waivers, Statutes of Limitation and Arbitration
- Emotional Distress Damages in View of Cuevas and Battaglia
- Post-Aguas: The Who, What, Where & How of Workplace Investigations
- Employee Classification Post-Sleepys
- Prof. Rachel Godsil, Seton Hall University’s Eleanor Bontecou Professor of Law and Co-Founder and Director of Research for the Perception Institute, as Keynote Speaker on Implicit Bias & Microaggression.
In addition to Prof. Godsil, speakers include:
- Stacy Adams, Esq.
- Brett Anders, Esq.
- Martin Aron, Esq.
- Lisa Barré-Quick, Esq.
- LaToya Barrett, Esq.
- Maureen Binetti, Esq.
- Melissa Biren, Esq.
- James Burden, Esq.
- Dylan Dindial, Esq.
- Christopher J. Eibeler, Esq.
- Leslie Farber, Esq.
- Robyn Gigl, Esq.
- Evan Goldman, Esq.
- Rosemary Gousman, Esq.
- Edward T. Groh, Esq.
- Eric Harrison, Esq.
- Ebonee Hamilton Lewis, Esq.
- Ty Hyderally, Esq.
- Lisa Manshel, Esq.
- Bruce McMoran, Esq.
- Neil Mullin, Esq.
- Scott Ohnegian, Esq.
- Ravi Sattiraju, Esq.
- Richard Schall, Esq.
- Kirsten Scheurer Branigan, Esq.
- Nancy Erika Smith, Esq.
- Patricia A. Smith, Esq.
- Jacqueline M. Vigilante, Esq.
Our next NELA-NJ Dinner and Networking Meeting will be held on Wednesday, May 3, 2017 at The Rutgers Club in New Brunswick, NJ. The cocktail hour (cash bar) for our meetings begins at 6:00 p.m., dinner typically begins at 6:30, and our programs get underway at 7:00. Dinner meetings run from 7:00 to 8:30 p.m.
In July 2016, NELA-NJ elected the following members to serve on its Executive Board of Directors and lead NELA-NJ for its 2016-17 term:
- Kathryn “Katy” McClure, President
- Fred Shahrooz Scampato, Vice President
- Evan Goldman, Secretary
- Lisa Curry, Treasurer
- Robin Bernstein, Board Member
- James Burden, Board Member
- Paula Dillon, Board Member
- Dylan Dindial, Board Member
- Francine Foner, Board Member
- Jared Jacobson, Board Member
- Carolyne Kalson, Board Member
- Richard Murray, Board Member
- Peter Valenzano, Board Member
Find a NJ Lawyer
Find a Lawyer in your area who practices in employment law in New Jersey our easy search tool. NELA-NJ members practice employment law as well as other areas of specialty in all 21 New Jersey counties. Our online directory of NELA-NJ members is available as a resource to individuals and other attorneys.
Today, NELA counts more than 4,000 lawyers as members in the United States and abroad, who have represented hundreds of thousands of individuals in disputes against their employers. NELA submits amicus curiae briefs in virtually all U.S. Supreme Court cases involving employment and civil rights-related legal issues. The organization has more than sixty-nine state and local affiliates around the country, including NELA-NJ, which was founded in 1987 by Peter Van Schaick.
- President: Kathryn “Katy” McClure
- Vice President: Fred Shahrooz Scampato
- Secretary: Evan Goldman
- Treasurer: Lisa Curry
- Robin Bernstein
- James Burden
- Paula Dillon
- Dylan Dindial
- Francine Foner
- Jared Jacobson
- Carolyne Kalson
- Richard Murray
- Peter Velanzano
- Claudia A. Reis – Past President (Ex officio)
NEW JERSEY EMPLOYMENT LAW CONFERENCE COMMITTEE learn more
PROGRAM COMMITTEE learn more
MEMBERSHIP COMMITTEE learn more
AMICUS COMMITTEE learn more
LEGISLATIVE AND PUBLIC POLICY COMMITTEE learn more